Monday, May 11, 2009

Daisy Chain Goddess

I was blessed to spend Mother's Day yesterday with my two beautiful girls.  My dreamy, ethereal, gracious, Grace made my day.  "Mama I want one of those flower crown things."  This is a skill taught on playgrounds, parks, and fields around the world.  It is a tiny but magical tradition passed from friends, sisters, aunties, and mamas to little girls everywhere.  It's effect is universal.  Once crowned she instantly knows her beauty.  She feels the love she has for herself.  She dreams of places only know to her... she rides winged horses  across a pink cloud sky, swims with mermaids in secret castles beneath the sea,  and dances in a courtyard of stars deep in the heart of space.  She knows herself there, a child in god's sweet garden.

No comments: